Green 10 The ten pillars of
Central to many clients’ consumer propositions is the construction of food offers and menus which reflect currently seasonal produce. Obviously this relies on the ability to identify appropriate seasonal produce available during any period of the year.
The epsys trading platform places a series of flags against products which are considered “in season”.
- Knowing what fresh items are in season and at their best quality.
- Suppliers in fresh food categories (principally fruit and vegetables, fresh meat and fish) advise when seasonal produce is available.
- Menus can reflect seasonal specials as a regular feature.
- Consumer engagement regarding the use of seasonal ingredients is straightforward.
- Positions provider as knowledgeable and taste/health conscious.