Green 10 The ten pillars of
It’s widely recognised that improved production processes can have a positive impact on the level of food waste. Food waste as a by-product is also a valuable commodity (animal feed/organic fertiliser).
Careful food production planning, ordering and proactive menu management will have the greatest effect on reducing food waste.
ASL will advise clients on best practice and connect clients with suitably qualified waste process management organisations. In addition the epsys trading platform will capture details of production and plate waste. The epsys menu based ordering module promotes less waste through accurate and effective ordering mechanisms.
- Too much food is wasted due to overproduction and/or expiration of “use by” dates.
- Compile orders based upon the actual requirement.
- Dispose of waste via approved routes that minimise environmental impact.
- Using the epsys trading platform menu planning module will virtually eliminate over production.
- Food waste suitable for re-cycling can be disposed of by approved and suitably assessed Contractors.